What We Are Doing In Talbot County
Talbot County Department of Emergency Services and the Talbot County Health Department are being briefed and updated daily from state and federal partners as well as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). They are together reviewing their plans, staffing needs, and supplies on a regular basis, as well as planning for future supply and equipment needs. The Health Department is in constant contact with hospitals and local providers and Emergency Services has implemented protocols to assess 911 callers and patients we come in contact with. They are, as always, making sure their staff and the community are practicing good hygiene and safe handling of sick patients.
What to Keep in Mind as a Business
- Actively encourage sick employees to stay home.
- Emphasize staying home when sick, respiratory etiquette, and hand hygiene by all employees.
- Perform routine environmental cleaning
- Advise employees before traveling to take certain steps.
Read the full “Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers” report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention here.
What You Can Do
The same precautions against the flu work for the COVID-19 virus:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid crowds when the virus is known to be spreading.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, or cough into your bent arm.
- Soiled tissues can transmit the flu or this virus, so dispose of the tissues in the trash.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect frequently-touched surfaces and objects in your home and at work.
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available,
use alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
Where to Find More Information
- CDC COVID-2019 Website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- Maryland Department of Health Website: https://health.maryland.gov/pages/home.aspx
- Talbot County Health Department Website: https://health.maryland.gov/talbotcounty/Pages/home.aspx
- Talbot County Health Department Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TalbotHealthMaryland/
- Talbot County Department of Emergency Services Website: http://www.talbotdes.org/default.asp
- Talbot County Department of Emergency Services Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/talbotdes
Download the full Talbot County Emergency Services press release here.